New York University (NYU) is a private research university founded in the year 1831 and has over 10 undergraduate schools and 15 graduate schools. It has campuses at Abu Dhabi, Shanghai and academic centres at Berlin, Los Angeles, Madrid and many more locations. Besides, NYU boasts of 38 Nobel Laureates, 26 Pulitzer Prize Winners, 12 US Senators and various other renowned personalities. Pursuing your graduate degree at this prestigious university is a good choice, however, before you make a decision ensure you are well-informed about the various programs available in this university, the admissions requirements, the fee details etc. So let us learn more about NYU below.
The admission process that international students applying to NYU have to follow is summed up below.
Undergraduate Admissions Process
You will need to start your common application online and fill in important information such as personal email address, contact information of your counsellor or school representative who can submit your high school transcript and a letter of recommendation. You will then have to make a non refundable fee payment of $80.00.
Next, depending on your educational background and the program you are applying to, you will have to submit your standardised test scores, a self reported academic record, an English language testing score and records of all college work you get credit for.
Graduate Admissions Process
Some of the common application requirements for graduate admissions are as follows :
- Letters of Recommendation — Depending on the program you are applying to you may need to submit one or four letters of recommendation.
- Academic Transcripts/Degrees — You will have to submit your bachelor’s degree certificate and transcripts from your undergraduate degree.
- English Language Proficiency Exam — All international applicants (who studied without English as a medium of instruction) will need to submit scores of their English Language Proficiency Exam.
- Entrance Exam — Your scores on the GRE/GMAT/LSAT/MCAT will be required for your admissions into different programs.
- Resume or CV
There are over 400 courses available at the university and they are broadly categorised into — Graduate and Undergraduate courses. We have listed a few of the most popular courses below.
- Applied Physics
- Art History
- Biomedical Engineering
- Business Administration
- Civil Engineering
- Corporation Law
- Dental Surgery
- Management and Systems
- Math Education
Fees and Financial Aid
The New York university fees vary depending on the course you are applying to. You will be able to find the same on the official website. We have listed a few of the popular courses/department fees below.
- New York University Stern school of business MBA — $53,157 ( Inclusive of Tuition, Housing, etc)
- New york university Tandon School of Engineering — Ranges between $15,442 to $54,202
- Centre for Urban Science and Progress — Ranges between $15,867 to $54,228
- Tisch School of Arts — $15,897 to $50,463
You have a tuition insurance option that covers 100% of lost academic fees, etc. There are other funding options as well such as scholarships, grants, loans and savings. NYU’s office of Financial Aid can help with these options.
NYU has dedicated career centres to help students with their job searches. You have an option to meet a career advisor to develop a strategy, create a target company list, research the company and industry to prepare for the interview and finally gather salary and compensation information to negotiate your offer.
So, if NYU is where you want to be, you have to start doing a much more detailed research before you plan to apply there. However, we hope that this brief information will help you get started.