If you are planning to make it into top universities for your graduate and postgraduate degrees, then you should be aware that most want a good GRE score. This is one of the requirements amongst others, for admission into the institution you are looking to be a part of. Hence, your GRE application is the first step to getting the process started. Through the course of this article, we will tell you all about the GRE application process, the GRE application fee and more. So, keep reading!
GRE Application Process
The GRE test can easily be applied online. The process is as follows:
- To begin with, you need to register yourself on the ETS official site (www.ets.org/gre).
- Register yourself with necessary contact details such as name, contact, email, and phone number.
- Create a username and password, note it down for future reference.
- Once you’ve registered, you will receive a confirmation email with an application number.
- Make note of the application number, as you will require it in the future.
- After your account is created, log onto your account.
- Proceed to the section “register” or “ find test centers/dates”.
- Choose your preferred option from the test option. The options provided to you will be GRE general test, GRE subject test, paper-based test, and computer-based test.
- Choose a test center in your vicinity or in your nearest neighbourhood.
- Proceed to then choose the month, date and time slot you are most confident with.
- Once you’ve completed choosing the dates, you will need to update your personal information. such as address, parents’ names etc.
- Update your educational details as well.
- The last step to follow will be the fee payment.
- Once you’ve made the payment, you will be redirected to the confirmation page.
GRE At-home Exam
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, most of the test centers haven’t been functioning like before. They either operate on half capacity or some have even temporarily shut down the centers. Hence, the ETS has launched the GRE at-home exam. The registration process is similar to the GRE general test, although you have to choose the GRE at-home exam from the test options.
A couple of things you are required to do before the GRE at-home exam and they are:
- Possess a functioning laptop, preferably with windows 10 or 8.
- Install the ETS secure test browser.
- Make sure you are not in possession of any kind of headset, earphones or headphones.
- Set up your exam in a space where you are confident nobody will enter.
GRE Test Centres
There are over 22 test centers all over India. Some of the cities where the test centers are located are
NTew Delhi,Gurgaon, Mumbai, Nashik, Chennai, Coimbatore, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Vijayawada, Cochin, Trivandrum , Patna, Pune, Kolkata, Indore, Dehradun, Allahabad, Ahemabad and Vadodara. Having said that, the Covid-19 pandemic has affected the functioning of the test centres all over the country, so, when booking a slot at a specific test center, make sure to call the concerned person beforehand.
GRE Application Fee
The GRE application fee differs depending on where you are applying from. The GRE application fee for various countries are as follows:
|Country||GRE Application Fee|
GRE Fee Waiver
The Covid-19 pandemic affected economies all over the world. Hence, the GRE has a fee waiver for some universities. Many universities have also waived off the GRE altogether, in order to provide an equal, fighting chance to all of its candidates.
The GRE general test is available all through the year, so you can take your time to plan and take the test as per your convenience. However, there are limited test dates available from October through December. Hence, plan the GRE test accordingly so as to book your preferred date. The GRE subject tests, however, are available thrice in the year.
Besides, it is imperative that you take your application deadline into consideration before you proceed to choose your preferred date for the GRE.
GRE Application form 2021
The dates for the GRE application form 2021 are as follows:
a) Application form available from: 3rd week of February 2021
b) Last date for application form: 4th week of March 2021
You are likely to receive your admit card around the month of April 2021.
GRE Application form 2022
The dates for the GRE application form 2022 are as follows:
a) Application form available from: February 2022
b) Last date for application form: March 2022
You are likely to receive your admit card in the month of April 2022. It is imperative that you make note of these dates along with your college application deadlines, as you might not want to miss the registration due to sheer negligence.
We have outlined all the necessary information required for your GRE Application. Now all that is left for you to do is efficiently prepare and ace the GRE, which we believe you’ll accomplish in no time!