Located in the beautiful capital city of Hangzhou, Zhejiang University is a historical institute the origins of which can be traced back to 1897 and the founding of Quishi Academy by the Qing Dynasty. Presently, it is famous as China’s best public-research university and ranks consistently among the top universities worldwide. It has been ranked 45th according to the QS World University Rankings.
Faculty and Courses
The faculty and researchers at Zheda, or ZJU, are engaged in very high output research concerning global issues. Some popular research areas include artificial intelligence, public health initiatives, efficient technology for clean air and much more. Not only this, in 1958, the scientists at ZJU had designed the country’s first dual inner water-cooled turbo-generator.
Zheda provides students with the perfect atmosphere for innovation, discovery, and entrepreneurship. It is divided into seven faculties and thirty-seven colleges, schools, and departments across seven campuses. These faculties and departments offer more than 140 undergraduate courses and 300 graduate programs.
Other than this, the university boasts an extensively diverse body of students. It has also partnered with more than 180 schools in almost 30 countries for various study programs.
Careers and Placements
Graduates from ZJU have been recognised by employers globally for their subject expertise, skills, entrepreneurial spirit, and commitment towards attaining excellence. It ranks 9th in China in the total number of graduates serving as CFOs in top Chinese enterprises, and 2nd in the Graduate Average Salary Ranking.
The university also provides significant assistance to its students in their professional journeys. From industry-specific training and academic aid to executing entrepreneurial ideas and establishing start-ups, ZJU has facilities to help its students in all aspects.
To secure a seat at Zhejiang University, China, students must submit the below-mentioned requirements during the application process.
- Standardised Test Scores: International students must submit the scores of standardized tests such as GRE, GMAT, SAT, or ACT.
- English Language Proficiency: For admission to the programs taught in the English language, proficiency in English is a must. Students can demonstrate the same by producing scores of any English language tests such as TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, etc.
- Recommendation Letters: Students must submit two academic references’ names and contact details. The letter will be obtained electronically by the university.
- Statement of Purpose: A personal statement highlighting the student’s motivation to study the chosen course, academic and professional experience etc., must be attached with the application.
- Additional Documents: Some additional documents, such as certificates supporting students’ qualifications and skills, awards and grants, can be submitted to the university.
At Zheda, students are enrolled based on a highly competitive process. Therefore, students must prepare for their application in advance to avoid any miscalculations during the application process, which may cost them their spot at the university. Thorough guidance at the right time can help students secure admission at ZJU.