If you have a good GRE score for scholarships in Canada, then you might be in for some luck. With Canada being one of the top countries for higher education, pursuing a graduate and postgraduate degree from a university there, is a great plus point. Reasons being, lower tuition fees, low cost of living, more options of part-time jobs, wide availability of discipline-specific co-op programs and scholarships, and more.
So, if you’re keen on studying at a university in Canada and are looking for financial aid, here is a list of scholarships that are provided by the Canadian government, universities and other organizations.
This list consists of Canadian scholarships provided by:
- Canadian government
- Non-governmental scholarship
- University’s scholarship
Canadian Government Scholarships
If you’ve taken the GRE test and have a good score, several university options open up that offer doctorate and master’s level education programs for you to choose from. To help you fund your study at these programs, you can take advantage of the list of scholarships provided by the Canadian government:
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships Program – Scholarships provided by the Canadian government to international students, intending to study a doctoral program at a university in Canada.
- IDRC Research Awards – Applicable to students from developing countries applying for a master’s program or doctoral-level research at a recognized university.
- Canada Graduate Scholarships – Master’s Program– Applicable to Canadian students enrolled in a Canada Graduate Scholarship – Master’s program.
- NSERC Postgraduate Scholarships – Funded by the NSERC, this is a scholarship program available to meritorious students undertaking study in natural sciences or engineering at an accredited university in Canada.
- Organization of American States (OAS) Academic Scholarship Program – This is a scholarship program open to graduate students from any OAS member state.
- Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships – International students who undertake postgraduate study in the field of natural and social sciences or health research can be eligible for this scholarship or fellowship.
Non-Governmental Scholarships in Canada
- Canada Memorial Scholarship – British postgraduate students looking to study at an accredited Canadian university or college are entitled to this full scholarship. It covers accommodation, tuition, airfares and more.
- Anne Vallee Ecological Fund – International students who are undertaking doctoral-level animal research at an accredited Canadian university in Quebec or British Columbia, can avail of this scholarship.
- Trudeau Scholarships and Fellowships – Students at doctoral-level studying at selected Canadian institutions can receive fellowships, scholarships and mentorship provided by the Trudeau Foundation.
- Surfshark Privacy and Security Scholarship – This scholarship is a $2000 prize open to all nationalities. High school, graduate or undergraduate students enrolled in Canada or any other destination can apply for this by submitting an essay.
Scholarships Provided by Canadian Universities to Domestic and International Students
- Western University International President’s Entrance Scholarships – Scholarships open to international students intending to study at the university.
- Queen’s University – Offers international scholarships which consist of awards exclusively open to students from India, Pakistan and the US. Also has several scholarships for international students.
- University of Toronto Ontario Graduate Scholarship – National and international students looking to study graduate programs at this university can avail these scholarships.
- Concordia University – Through its International Undergraduate Awards, it offers scholarships that are open to international students at the undergraduate level at Concordia University.
- Humber College Canada – Through its ‘international student scholarships’ program, it offers various scholarships that are available for international students looking to study undergraduate level programs at the university.
- HEC Montréal – Provides scholarships to meritorious students and also need-based scholarships available to international students.
- Dalhousie University Scholarships – Scholarships for international students, studying at the university.
- Fairleigh Dickinson Scholarships for International Students – Scholarships for international students.
- Quest University Canada – International students can avail scholarships ranging from CAD 2000 to full tuition.
- Simon Fraser University Financial Aid and Awards – Several scholarships for domestic and international students.
- McGill University Scholarships and Student Aid – Offers two major scholarship programs that are applicable to international students enrolled in graduate and postdoctoral studies.
- UBC International Leader of Tomorrow Award – Undergraduate students who demonstrate leadership skills and excellent academic achievement are entitled to this merit-based scholarship when they apply at this university.
- University of Manitoba – Scholarships open to international students. Check this list of scholarships available at the University of Manitoba.
- University of Calgary International Scholarships – Scholarship options and awards ranging between CA $500 and $60000 for international students intending to study at this university.
- University of Alberta International Scholarships – Range of scholarships available for undergraduate and graduate-level study at this university.
- University of Waterloo – Master’s or doctoral-level international students can avail this scholarship at this university through its international funding program.
- The University of Saskatchewan – Offers scholarships to meritorious international students looking to study undergraduate programs.
- Carleton University Awards for International Students – Scholarships open to all graduate students at Carleton University.
- York University – offers scholarships for students intending to study undergraduate studies by way of its ‘international student program’.
- UBC Graduate Scholarships – Scholarships for masters and PhD students at UBC.
To sum up, Canada is a lucrative study destination for a master’s or doctoral-level program. If you have a high GRE score then several options open up for you at various Canadian universities. A good GRE score could also entitle you to scholarships at these universities because it demonstrates your intellectual ability. We hope this article helped with as much information you needed about GRE scholarships in Canada. For further information on funding opportunities to study in Canada get in touch with the local Canadian embassy.