Xavier School of Management or XLRI located in Jamshedpur was established in 1949 and is one of the oldest business -schools in India. It offers a 15-month, full-time residential management program known as Executive Post Graduate Diploma in Management or Executive PGDM. This program was previously known as Graduate Management Program (GMP). The Executive PGDM is one of the popular programs offered by the university. It has received various accreditations from organisations including the Association of MBAs (AMBA) and the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
The course primarily focuses on the upcoming and latest developments in management theory and broadens one’s global perspective of management. In addition, this program equips them with excellent problem-solving and launches them into new professional avenues. Let us take a quick look at the program.
Duration of the program
The Executive PGDM 15 -month program consists of seven terms. The duration of each term ranges between 5 to 13 weeks depending on the number of electives you choose in each term.
In order to be eligible for the Executive PGDM, you need to meet the following criteria:
- Must have a recognised bachelor’s degree of a minimum of three years duration in any discipline.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of managerial experience
- Must have taken either the GMAT, XAT or the GRE
The admission procedure for the Executive PGDM is as follows:
- You are initially required to apply through either of the following exams,
- Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT)
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT)
- Based on your GMAT or GRE or XAT scores, you will be shortlisted. Hence, make sure you prepare well so you can achieve a good score.
- A list of candidates shortlisted is published. If you have been shortlisted, then you move on to the interview round.
- The interviews are conducted online for both Indian candidates and candidates residing abroad. However, you will have to contact the admissions committee to schedule the interview online.
- If you have done well in the interview, you will be shortlisted again.
- The shortlisted candidates will receive an email and an offer letter from the XLRI to join their program.
The curriculum for the Executive PGDM is as follows:
- The first three terms of the program are broadly focused on rudimentary management concepts across all disciplines.
- Fifteen core courses are offered during this time. These include subjects such as finance, economics, marketing, operations, strategy, business ethics and sustainable development.
- In the remaining terms, you can choose over twenty different electives from a list of fifty-three electives that will enhance your career and learning objectives.
The fee for the Executive PGDM for the fifteen-month program is approximately INR 20 lakhs for the academic year 2022 – 2023. Additional costs such as living costs and cost for accommodation and utilities will depend and vary based on the kind of accommodation and lifestyle the student prefers.
In the 2019 to 2020 placement cycle, around 95 out of 101 students opted for placements. The average work experience of the cohort was 6 years and 5 months. Companies such as Axis Bank, Larsen & Toubro, Cognizant, Accenture, Novartis, Genpact took part in the recruitment process. The positions offered included Decision Analytics Consultant, Business Strategist, Data Analyst, Business Manager, Product Manager, Senior Consultant, and Associate Vice President. The average salary and the highest salary for the years 2020 to 2021 were respectively INR 18.5 lakhs and INR 34.4 lakhs per annum.
We hope to have provided you with a quick overview of the Executive MBA program at XLRI. All you have to do is decide if this program is the right fit for you and start your application process. All the best!