IIM Ahmedabad offers a wide range of courses and specialisations in a multitude of fields. The IIM-A is known for its pragmatic teaching modules. The world-class faculty comprises distinguished academicians, theoreticians, scholars and eminent entrepreneurs who are mainly responsible to uplift the course studies. It is therefore considered one of the top institutions in the world. IIM-A has a comprehensive admission process along with specific eligibility criteria for its courses. Let us now view details of the IIM Ahmedabad eligibility criteria along with the admissions process for the courses offered and more.
IIM Ahmedabad Eligibility Criteria for Admissions into PGP Courses for Indian Students:
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 50% marks or an equivalent CGPA
- Scheduled caste, differently abled candidates and Scheduled Tribes need upto 45% marks in Bachelor courses.
- Valid CAT/IAT/GMAT/GRE scores.
- Minimum work experience of 3 years ( for certain courses like ePGP, ePGD).
- Those who have appeared for the final year exam and are waiting for the results can also appear.
Eligibility Criteria for Overseas Indian Students:
For overseas Indian students, the eligibility criteria are the same as above mentioned. However, instead of the CAT score, GMAT scores are valid. Remember, IIM-A accepts GMAT score up to two years from the current admission cycle process which has commenced, for e.g. a student is eligible to submit the GMAT score taken in the year 2018 till the academic year 2020-2021 and not beyond that.
Let us now view the courses which are offered at IIM-Ahmedabad
Programmes that are Offered at IIM-Ahmedabad:
- Fellow Programme in Management (FPM)
- Faculty Development program (FDP)
- Post-Graduate Programme in Management (PGP) – Accepts GMAT scores for admissions
- E-mode Post Graduate Programme (ePGP) – Accepts GMAT scores for admissions
- Post Graduate Programme in Food and Agribusiness Management (PGP-FABM) – Accepts GMAT scores for admissions
- Two Year Post Graduate Diploma Programme in Management (MBA)
- Executive Education Programmes (EEP)
- One Year Post-Graduate Programme in Management for Executives (PGPX) – Accepts GMAT scores for admissions
To be able to gain admissions into these programmes you must be aware of the admissions process. We have mentioned the details of the process below.
Admissions Procedure for Various Programs:
As you can see from the above list, the eligibility criteria varies for both Indian and overseas candidates. The process of admissions also varies for each course which you would like to pursue at IIM- Ahmedabad.
For the PGP program — there are 2 stages which each candidate has to go through to get shortlisted for this programme.
- The initial stage is attempting the CAT or GMAT exam and obtaining a good score and getting the mentioned cut off range. Also a good composite score which includes the 10th, 12th and graduation marks is imperative.
- Academic Writing Test which is followed up by a Personal Interview (PI).
- The final selection is then done based on your performances in each of the above sections – the composite score, personal interview and the academic writing test.
For the PGP- FABM program —
- You will have to appear for the CAT or the GMAT exam.
- Once you have obtained the necessary cutoffs in the respective exams, you will be shortlisted for a Group Discussion session that will also be followed by a Personal Interview.
For the PGPX program — you will once again have a 2 step process before you are shortlisted for the same.
- You need to have attempted the GMAT exam.
- Your GMAT exam score along with the remaining aspects of your application (SOP, LOR and other supporting documents) will be scrutinized by the admissions committee before shortlisting.
- You have to submit your essay and appear for a Personal Interview.
- The final list of candidates selected will be posted on completion of the interview sessions.
Besides the tuition fee, charges include library, books, IT and infrastructure, study materials, student welfare, medical, orientation, admission, placement and even hostel accommodation.
The following programs costs are:
- Fellow Programme in Management (FPM) – Sponsored course.
- Post-Graduate Programme in Management (PGP)- Rs.9,39,000/- per year.
- Post Graduate Programme in Food and Agribusiness Management (PGP-FABM) – Rs. 9,49,000/- per year.
- One Year Post-Graduate Programme in Management for Executives (PGPX)- 12,25,000/- per year.
Financial aid is provided to applicants who are in need of the same. The scholarship amount is decided on the basis of numerous criteria like the number of dependents in the family, annual family income and ownership of assets. The scholarship applications are usually accepted every year during July/August.
Placements through IIM Ahmedabad:
The final year placements occur during the last semester of the graduating year. The alumni from the institute have reached key positions in various companies and thus helped to build a competitive edge for organisations to recruit students from the campus. In recent years, recruiters have included some of the top multinational companies in the world and we have listed them below :
- Goldman Sachs
- JP Morgan
- Hindustan Unilever
- Credit Suisse
- McKinsey & Company
- Oliver Wyman
- Bain and Company
The placement opportunities which you gain at IIM – A are with some of the best firms as listed above. You will be offered mid to high level managerial positions depending on how much experience you have prior to pursuing your MBA degree. Along with such great job offers, the remuneration package which you are likely to receive will be significantly high.
Diversity at IIM- Ahmedabad:
The students who study at IIM-A are from a wide variety of backgrounds and possess various scholastic achievements. You are likely to come across individuals from different streams like – Arts, Commerce, Science, Engineering, Medicine, etc (although the vast majority of students are from the Engineering background) Most of the students at IIM-A are freshers, however, you are likely to meet students who have work experience from various domains like IT/ITES, Finance, etc.
We hope this article helped you gain an overview of the IIM-Ahmedabad eligibility criteria for GMAT candidates, admission process, placement opportunities and fee structure and more.So, if this is your dream business school to go to, then by now you know what you need to do to get in.