Indiana University (IU) is counted among the top universities in the US. Established in the year 1820, it is a public university that has multiple campuses across the country. The institution has the distinction of being the first university in the world to offer courses in Philanthropy. Among the university’s nine campuses–IU Kokomo, IU Bloomington, IU East, IUPUI, IU Northwest, IU Southbend, IU Southeast, IUPUC, and IU Fort Wayne–the Bloomington campus is the most popular.
The university is renowned for providing academic freedom to its students and nurturing creativity and innovation. Indiana University – Bloomington ranking is among the top 10 schools for undergraduate business courses on the US News and World Report. IU Bloomington is also ranked 311 on the QS World University Rankings 2022. Let us learn more about the institution, its admissions process, the courses it offers, and more, in this article.
The process of admission at Indiana University – Bloomington is extensive. Following are a few steps that students must follow while applying to undergraduate courses offered by the university:
- Review the deadlines for admissions and scholarships
- Verify admission prerequisites – Required grades, English proficiency, and Secondary school graduation.
- Complete and submit the online application, and the essays sought.
- Submit supporting transcripts such as SAT or ACT scores, English proficiency exam scores (TOEFL, IELTS, PTE), and Letters of Recommendation (optional).
- Finally, you must submit your financial documentation. Here, you will be required to provide proof of your financial ability to support your expenditure during your study at the university. This includes tuition fees, and living expenses, among others.
The admissions process for Indiana University Bloomington graduate programs is similar to that for undergraduate courses. They are:
- Review the requirements for admissions and scholarships. Also, check the deadlines for the admissions process.
- Submit your online application form and mandatory essays.
- Present supporting documents – Official academic records, official test scores (GRE, GMAT, among others), and English proficiency test scores.
Submit financial documentation.
Life at Indiana University
There are over 750 student clubs and associations to choose from at Indiana University. You can select from multiple cultural organizations, artistic groups, and much more. Some of these student organizations are listed below :
- Korean Student Association
- Sigma Sigma Rho Sorority
- Vietnamese Student Association
- Pakistani Student Association
- Raas Royalty
- Theta Nu Xi Multicultural Sorority Inc
You can also participate in the ‘Conversation Partner Programs’ to improve your linguistic skills. Here, you can select a language that interests you. Next, you will be paired with a native speaker (staff or student) of the language, thereby, ensuring that you can learn and begin conversing in the language quickly. Also, in the process, you will learn more about the culture of the native speaker who you are collaborating with. You can also participate in various co-curricular activities such as Arts, Athletics, Drama, and much more.
Tuition Fee and Scholarships
The Indiana University Bloomington Tuition fee for Undergraduate students for 2022-23 is US $55,128 (non-resident students) and US $27,456 (Residents of Indiana). This is inclusive of Tuition and Fees, Books and Supplies, Transportation, and Personal expenses, among others.
There are several scholarships that are awarded to students for their past accomplishments. In order to be eligible for IU Academic Scholarships, you must submit an application that includes official transcripts, test scores ( if applicable), and IU-specific essays. Importantly, you must present all of the documents mentioned above within the set deadlines.
There are plenty of career preparation programs available at Indiana University. We have listed a few of them below:
- Career Centers: At the career development center, a dedicated team will assist you in identifying your ideal career path. Utilising the career center’s vast network and their own expertise, the team will aid you with career advice, preparation of cover letters, drafting of resumes, and much more.
- Internships and Experience: Internships are a great way to gain credible work experience. There are several career fairs, internship postings, and career-related opportunities that you can explore at the university.
- Alumni Network: IU’s alumni network is one of the largest in the world. This illustrious list of former students includes Kevin Kline, Academy Award-winning actor; Michael D. Higgins, the ninth president of Ireland; and Suzanne Collins, the author of Hunger Games; among others. Students will be provided with the opportunity to meet and interact with notable alumni of IU through the career development center, to seek their guidance.
Choosing to study at Indiana University-Bloomington is certainly a wise decision as it is home to some of the best educational facilities in the US, offers a plethora of courses, and boasts of a distinguished alumni network. We hope that this article has helped you learn more about the university and the opportunities it offers. Good Luck!