With a legacy of over 85 years, the Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong (PolyU) ranks among the top 100 institutions in the world. The Hong Kong polytechnic university ranking is 75th globally in the QS World University Rankings. PolyU is known for its cutting-edge research across its numerous departments. Let us learn more about its admissions processes, its various departments, and more in this article.
The admissions process at the Hong Kong Polytechnic University varies depending on the course you are applying to. Let us take a look at the requirements for undergraduate and postgraduate degrees.
If you are a resident outside Hong Kong and wish to apply for admission at PolyU, then we have listed a few guidelines for your benefit.
For applicants from India :
Completion of one of the following certificates from school at Grade 12 level–with an average of 75% in at least five subjects–is compulsory
- All India Senior School Certificate
- Indian School Certificate
- Higher Secondary Certificate
The program-wise deadlines for applications and the process of admissions are available on the college website.
General entrance requirements:
- You must have a Master’s degree for admission to a doctoral degree program.
- Similarly, for the Hong Kong Polytechnic University postgraduate admission or Postgraduate Diploma, the general requirement is a Bachelor’s degree from a PolyU-recognized university.
- You must also meet the entrance requirements for each program individually.
- If you are not a native speaker of English then you will have to take the TOEFL or IELTS to establish your English proficiency. For TOEFL, the minimum score required is 80 (internet-based test) or 550 (paper-based test) and for IELTS an overall band score of at least 6 is required.
Departments, Schools, and Faculties
Some of the departments at this university and the courses offered are listed as follows :
- Department of Applied Biology and Chemical Technology – Bachelor of Science (Hons) Scheme in Biotechnology, Food safety, and Chemical technology.
- Department of Applied Physics – Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Engineering Physics
- School of Accounting and Finance – Bachelor of Business administration (Hons) Scheme in Accounting and Finance, BBA (Hons) in Accountancy
- Department of Management and Marketing – BBA (Hons) in Management, BBA (Hons) in Marketing
- Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering – B.E Scheme in Civil Engineering and Sustainable development
- Department of Biomedical Engineering – Bachelors of Science (honors) in Biomedical Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering – B.E Mechanical
- School of Nursing – Bachelor of Science (Honors) in Nursing
- Department of English and Communication – BA (Hons) in English and Applied Linguistics
Tuition Fees and Scholarships
The tuition fees for the courses at PolyU vary depending on the degree level (undergraduate or postgraduate) that you are applying for. The fees for bachelor’s programs is HK $145,000 per academic year (inclusive of university-managed accommodation and personal expenses).
On the other hand, the tuition cost for Hong Kong Polytechnic University graduate programs will vary according to the program selected by the applicant. Also, there are numerous scholarships available to help fund your tuition fee. Some of them are Entry Scholarship, Post Entry scholarship, The Belt and Road Scholarship, Faculty Scholarship, and much more.
We hope the above information has given you all the details you require to apply for admission to Hong Kong Polytechnic University. Good Luck!