In today’s world of online learning, there are several online platforms that offer online education from reputed and experienced professors affiliated with big universities. Many of these platforms offer certification that is free or comes at a small cost. These certifications act as proof that you have indeed completed a certain course or learnt a particular skill.
Here is a list of online platforms that offer free courses on a multitude of subjects across disciplines:
- LinkedIn Learning: Offered by the popular professional networking platform LinkedIn, LinkedIn Learning offers over 15000 courses, and also allows you a free one-month trial period during which you can even earn free certificates for the courses you complete.
- Coursera: Coursera is one of the most popular and among the earliest online learning platforms. With over 7550 courses from some of the most reputable colleges around the world, you have your choice of subjects and faculty in hundreds of verticals. At an additional fee, you can obtain official certification for the courses you complete, while auditing a course is completely free.
- Udemy: Udemy offers over 130000 courses and is currently bringing learning to over 35 million students enrolled from all over the world. The only drawback to choosing Udemy is that all certifications are paid.
- EdX: EdX is a not-for-profit partnership between the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and Harvard University, to offer MIT and Harvard classes online for free to millions of people around the world. It has over 4200 courses, including both free and paid ones, on a variety of subjects offered at these prestigious colleges. You would generally have to pay 50 to 300 dollars for getting the certification.
- Microsoft Learn: It provides online courses for inculcating technical skills related to Microsoft products and services. All the courses are free, but obtaining certificates for some courses requires an additional fee.
- Alison: Alison is an online learning platform that offers thousands of courses under 16 broad categories, of which at least 2000 are free as per recent reports. Each course takes only a few hours to complete.
Some other platforms include AWS (Amazon Web Services) Training and Certifications, Saylor Academy, open SAP, Oxford Home Study Centre, and Google Digital Garage. All of these can be accessed by candidates to improve their resumes and develop the required skills needed for their career, or even to learn something as a matter of interest.