Senior Executive programs at premier B-schools are tailored for experienced professionals, senior executives, entrepreneurs etc. with 10 to 25 years of experience. Most professionals who have been in their domain for more than a decade often find the outcome of such programs beneficial.
In this article we have listed some of the outcomes of a senior executive program which might be helpful for you to evaluate the return of investment viz a viz the time, effort and money for such a program.
- Develops strong business knowledge in the functioning domain: The senior executive program is designed keeping in mind the background domain and functions of the executive cohort. It is intended to give the executive a broader perspective into their domain and enhance their leadership skills.
- Expands your network: The key highlight of any MBA program is that it widens your professional and personal network with a talented bunch of people from across domains. They will be your lifelong resources and friends who consistently aid in your personal and professional growth.
- An opportunity to relearn: As professionals who have long forgotten the essence of classroom learning, the program can be an opportunity to slow down on your fast paces work life and unwind as a student. It also comes with an opportunity to unlearn and relearn some of the concepts you learned in the work space.
- Opens up more opportunities: The course also opens up new much more exciting opportunities that could enhance your career. It provides you with an opportunity to potentially switch your careers and get into newer domains that excite you at this stage of your professional life.
- Enhances interpersonal skills and leadership qualities: You get an opportunity to academically learn some management concepts from the key leaders from across industries, this helps you transform with your interpersonal skills and leadership style.
- Steep hike in the remuneration: Mostly, switching your career comes with a massive hike in your remuneration. This is because you would not only have some quality years of work experience but also learn from an executive program that will transform you as a professional and equip you for more challenging roles and higher rewards.
Whether to pursue a Senior executive program or not is a personal decision. However before taking a decision, make sure you consider your long time professional as well as personal goals. Good luck!