The Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) — administered by the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) — is a computer adaptive entrance test. It tests a candidate’s critical thinking, analytical writing, problem-solving and logical reasoning skills. Moreover, this exam is an essential admission requirement for graduate management programs, such as a Master in Business Administration(MBA). The GMAT score is accepted by more than 7,000 programs in nearly 2,300 graduate business schools across the globe.
A GMAT 2022 aspirant must remember that the entrance test can be taken up to five times in a calendar year. However, the consecutive reattempts must have a time gap of at least 16 days. Through the course of the article, we will take a look at more such information as mentioned about the GMAT 2022. So let’s dig right in!
GMAT 2022 Exam Dates:
GMAT aspirants should try to keep a track of the GMAT 2022 dates, so that they can structure their study plans accordingly. The aspirants can refer to the schedule given below and then, register online through the official GMAT website.
|GMAT Exam||Crucial Dates|
|GMAT 2022 Registration Dates||Open throughout the year|
|Date of GMAT Examination||Candidates have the flexibility to choose the date during registration|
|GMAT Result Declaration||Within 20 days after taking the test|
Eligibility Criteria for GMAT 2022:
GMAC, the administering body of the GMAT, hasn’t set any fixed prerequisites for taking the GMAT exam. However, the candidates who aim to take the test must ensure to fulfil the eligibility criteria set by the respective university/colleges in which they wish to take admission. These include:
- Age Limit: Although there is no upper age limit, the candidate who wishes to take the exam must be 18 years or above. However, candidates in the age bracket of 13 to 17 years can also appear for the exam, with a written permission from their parents or legal guardian.
- Educational Qualification: There is no official statement from GMAC regarding the minimum education qualification of candidates. However, candidates must possess a graduate degree in any discipline from a recognized university to enrol for the MBA programme.
- Number of Attempts: The candidates can attempt the GMAT up to 8 times in total. But in a particular calendar year, the number of attempts cannot exceed five times. Besides, there must be a gap of at least 16 days between two attempts. Also, once a candidate gets the perfect score of 800, he/she must have to wait for five years to retake the exam.
- Re-application for the Test: GMAT candidates who have not performed well in the test, can re-appear for the test. The GMAT score is valid for five years and candidates who have not enrolled in any graduate programme during this period can re-apply for the entrance test.
GMAT Registration 2022:
GMAT aspirants can register for the test either online or by contacting any of the test centers, through fax, mail or through a post. In order to register online, a GMAT aspirant needs to create a free account on the GMAT official website by filling in his/her personal information like name, contact number, and email id. Candidates who wish to register offline can register for the test by calling the GMAT Customer Service in their respective region/zone. Aspirants can also complete their GMAT Registration 2022 through postal mail. They just need to fill the application form online and mail it along with their payment information in the official GMAT website.
GMAT 2022 Fee Structure:
The candidates who wish to appear for the GMAT exam have to pay a registration fee. The fees for enrolling for the exam is USD $250 (18600 INR approximately). There are three modes of payment available for paying the GMAT exam fees which includes:
- Debit/Credit Cards
- Money Orders
Given below is the complete fee structure for GMAT 2022:
|GMAT Fees (Registration)||USD $250|
|Rescheduling of Exam Appointment|
|Within 7 days of appointment||USD $250|
|More than seven days prior to appointment||USD $60|
|Cancellation of Exam Appointment|
|Within 7 days of appointment||No refund|
|More than seven days prior to appointment||Refund of USD $80|
|Additional Score Report||USD $35|
|Score Report Enhancement||USD $24.95|
|Score Reinstatement||USD $50|
|Score Cancel (After you leave the testing center, online on mba.com)||USD $25|
|GMAT Essay Rescore||USD $45|
GMAT 2022 Syllabus:
Candidates who are planning to take the GMAT 2022 exam, have to be well acquainted with the GMAT Syllabus 2022. The GMAT exam consists four sections as listed below:
- Quantitative Aptitude: This section measures a candidate’s ability to logically and mathematically solve the quant problems. Two types of questions are asked in the section — data sufficiency and problem-solving. The questions asked are mostly from Geometry, Algebra, Linear Equations, etc.
- Integrated Reasoning: This section measures the candidates’ capability to integrate data given in multiple formats such as tables, graphs or texts and derive meaningful conclusions from that.
- Verbal Ability: This section assesses the candidates’ ability to read and evaluate a given passage, and critically analyze the arguments.
- Analytical Writing Assessment: This section tests a candidate’s ability to communicate ideas in written English.
GMAT Exam Pattern 2022:
GMAT is a 3 hours and 30 minutes long computer adaptive test that includes 80 questions. The test comprises four sections and each section is timed and scored separately. Candidates can refer to the following table to get a better understanding of GMAT exam pattern 2022:
|Name of the Section||Time Limit||Number of questions||Score Range|
|Quantitative||1 hour, 2 minutes||31 questions||6-51|
|Integrated Reasoning||½ an hour||12 questions||1-8|
|Verbal Ability||1 hour, 5 minutes||36 questions||6-51|
|Analytical Writing Assessment||½ an hour||01 (essay)||0-6|
Best GMAT 2022 Books:
Books are the best preparation resources for the GMAT aspirants. Best GMAT books help the candidates up-skill their knowledge and stay updated about the latest changes in the exam. To begin with, following are some of the best books to refer and start your GMAT 2022 preparation:
|Name of the Book||Name of the Author|
|The GMAT 2022 Official Guide||GMAC|
|Total GMAT Math||Jeff Sackmann|
|The Critical Reasoning Bible||PowerScore|
Few Tips to Prepare for GMAT 2022 Exam:
Most GMAT 2022 aspirants must be wondering about how to prepare for this crucial exam. To help them, we’ve collated some tips to kick start the GMAT preparation. Read on.
- Design a study plan: It is important that you devise a study plan to prepare yourself for the GMAT 2022 exam. Structure your plan in such a way so that you can allocate sufficient time for each section of the exam.
- Start early and practice more: Soon after you select a preferred exam date, start studying regularly and enroll for a coaching class for additional assistance. You can enroll at CareerLabs and be assisted throughout your GMAT preparation. You can also write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any further information.
- Understand the exam pattern: If you are planning to take the GMAT exam, you have to be well-acquainted with the exam pattern. This will familiarize you with the syllabus, type of questions asked and scoring pattern of the test. Understanding the syllabus will also help you find out your weaker areas. Once you are aware of the sections that need extra preparation, you can consistently work on them and master it.
GMAT is an integral part of an MBA aspirant’s b-school dreams. Hence, it’s essential for a candidate to be prepared for the exam. We hope this article clears all the doubts regarding the entire GMAT 2022 syllabus, eligibility criteria, fee structure, registration process, etc. Also, be on the lookout for any GMAT 2022 notifications so that you stay updated with all the information.