Indian Institute of Management, Rohtak was established in November 2009. It was one of the six new IIMs which were established under the 11th five-year plan. This institution is under the legacy mentorship of IIM Lucknow and it offers an advanced learning opportunity for management courses. The admissions criteria for students are based on many factors — personal interview, work experience and performance in qualifying exams like CAT, GRE, GMAT. In this article, we are going to talk about IIM Rohtak eligibility criteria, admission process, fee structure and more.
IIM Rohtak Admission Process
The admissions process at IIM Rohtak involves 5 stages:
- Online registration for PGP admissions for the next academic year at IIM Rohtak.
- Online personal interview.
- Final selection list on the basis of online PI score, academic performance, CAT/GRE/GMAT score, gender diversity, etc.
- Provisional admission offer for the PGP programme.
- Joining the PGP programme at IIM Rohtak campus.
Eligibility Criteria for Applying to Programmes that Accept GMAT Scores
- Bachelor’s degree should be awarded by a University incorporated by either State or Central Government or it must be an educational institution incorporated by the act of Parliament or deemed university.
- Candidates must have at least 50% marks in their Bachelor’s degree.
- Candidates should have minimum 3 years of work experience in managerial or other related positions. Work experience Certificate has to be submitted at the time of document submission.
- Reference from university and Employer is a must.
- Candidates with ICWA/CA CS/AI can also apply.
- Good GMAT/ CAT score will help in getting your application shortlisted quickly.
Now that you are aware of the admissions process and the eligibility criteria, let us now view the programs which you can apply to with your GMAT scores. The cutoff score list for each program is available on the official website and it will be revised each year.
Programmes Accepting GMAT Scores and Their Fees:
- Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGP) – 7,60,000 yearly.
- Executive Post Graduate Programme in Management (EPGPM) – 6,10,000 yearly.
- Executive Training such as Management Development Programme (MDP) – Sponsored programmes also known as Open programmes.
- Scholarship programmes such as Fellow Programme in Management (FPM) – tuition fee is waived off because it’s a scholarship programme.
Each of these programmes adopt the latest learning techniques like using emerging tools and managerial technologies. Imparting internalised knowledge to the students and emphasising the importance of continuous learning to have a successful career in management.
The fee for each of the above listed courses is different as you can see. Moreover, this fee amount is inclusive of tuition fees, placement support charges, Alumni membership, refundable deposit, library deposit, computer deposit, mess caution deposit and utility deposit.
Domains Covered During Placements at IIM Rohtak:
A few of the most popular domains for management courses are given below. This is the recruiter’s industry wise breakup, which will help students analyse the scope for each programme.
Industry wise Domain Breakup
- BFSI: 18%
- Consulting: 16%
- E-commerce: 8%
- Education: 7%
- FMCG: 5%
- IT/ITES: 32%
- Manufacturing: 14%
- Finance: 8%
- Operations: 8%
- Sales and Marketing: 27%
- IT and analytics: 12%
- General Management: 16%
- Consulting: 28%
A few of the Prominent Recruiters
- Thomson Reuters
- Bain and Company and many more
We hope this article helped you gain more insights about the IIM Rohtak eligibility criteria, the fee structure, the programmes and more.