Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode, or IIM-K for short, is one of the twenty Indian Institutes of Management set up by the Government of India. IIM Kozhikode, founded in 1996 in collaboration with the State Government of Kerala, was the fifth IIM to be established.
Through the course of this article, we will acquaint you with the IIM Kozhikode courses, IIM Kozhikode fees, IIM Kozhikode placements and more. So keep reading!
Teaching Faculty & Student Options
The institute employs 48 full-time faculty members in economics, finance and accounting, managerial communication, general management, organisational behaviour and human resources, quantitative methods, and operations management, information technology and systems and strategic management departments. There are part-time faculty members as well.
The IIM Kozhikode faculty members, the full-time and part-time members, have extensive experience in their respective fields of study and research. Besides, IIM Kozhikode offers student exchange programmes with European Business School, Germany; Copenhagen Business School, ESCP-EAP Paris; Bocconi University, Jonkoping International Business School, Leipzig Graduate School of Management, Leeds University Business School, University of Queensland, BEM – Bordeaux Management School, Euromed Management, IESEG School of Management, Rouen Business School, Reims Management School, EDHEC Business School (Ecole des Hautes Etudes Commerciales du Nord), ESSCA Angers, and Norwegian School of Economics & Business Administration.
IIM Kozhikode Courses
IIM Kozhikode courses or Postgraduate programmes include:
- PGPM (Post Graduate Programme in Management)
- EPGP (Executive Post Graduate Programme)
- MDP( Management Development Programme)
- FDP (Faculty Development Programme)
- The Fellow Programme in Management (FPM), which is a doctoral program.
The programs are accredited by the Global Accreditation body AMBA. IIM-K also provides customised programs for executives and open programs. The executive programs are taught to individuals in an interactive learning platform so that they can access the content and classes from the centres available at their location. This enables working professionals to study and meet their career objectives. They have the option to pursue a two-year postgraduate diploma programme in management, or a one-year certification program in Operations, Marketing, Strategy, Finance, Human Resources, and IT.
Although the majority of the learning happens through the online learning modules available, all of these programs also have one in-campus module which the students must attend. In this module, they will learn more about management practises as well as trends in the business and industry.
IIM Kozhikode Selection Criteria
The IIM Kozhikode selection criteria are a follows:
- A bachelor’s degree after completing school level education i.e. (10th + 12th + Graduation). The applicants must hold at least 50% marks in graduation from any discipline.
- The equivalent CGPA should also not be less than 50%.
- Final year university students can also apply after submitting a special certificate.
- There is also a need for PGP producing a certificate from the High Commission of India that should provide evidence for residence in India for the last eighteen months or so.
- GMAT score should be no less than 700.
- The candidates whose score in the GMAT exam is lower than the mentioned score are supposed to appear for EMAT.
The final list is displayed in the merit list that is presented after the final process of interviews. This is just a general overview; the criteria for different programs are different.
IIM Kozhikode Campus: Education Standards
IIM-K has built a great reputation for quality education, pragmatic teaching modules, and industry engagement, resulting in good placement records. The classrooms at IIM-K are designed and equipped with state of the art computers, multimedia projectors and other audio visual tools that make learning an interesting and interactive experience for the students. All of the classrooms have wireless internet and video conferencing facilities as well. The library boasts a wide range of both print and digital resources. You will gain access to all the latest management publications. In addition to this, at IIM-K, you can use powerful computers to assist you with all your diverse requirements, including searching for information for projects and research material from vast amounts of data, access to bibliographic data, etc.
IIM Kozhikode Fees
IIM Kozhikode fees are quite affordable compared to others. Costs vary across programmes, from INR 10 lakh to INR 15 lakh, depending on the course you choose. Let us take a look at the fee structure of the courses offered at IIM Kozhikode:
|Course Offered||Fee Structure|
As you can see, the IIM Kozhikode Executive MBA fee and MBA fee can be rather expensive. But, the institute offers grants and scholarships for meritorious students in association with trusts. You may check the eligibility criteria for these scholarships to find out if you are eligible. It is also important that you submit your applications well in advance so you have an increased chance of being granted the same. We will brief you on the scholarships offered at IIM-K.
IIM Kozhikode Scholarships
The IIM Kozhikode offers a few scholarships that you may be eligible for, here’s some of them:
- Post-Metric Scholarship: This scholarship is offered by the Government of Kerala to students who belong to the Scheduled Castes category from Kerala. The scholarship covers the entire tuition fee and in addition, awards its candidates INR 2,00,000.
- Rajashree Sahu Maharaj Scholarship: This scholarship is offered to students belonging to Maharashtra by the Government of Maharashtra. The scholarship offers eligible students an amount of INR of 2,00,000 and more.
- Merit-cum-Means Scholarship: This scholarship is offered by the Ministry of Minority Affairs by the Government of India to people belonging to minority groups. The scholarship reimburses the tuition fee and other expenses incurred by the candidate up to INR 2,50,000.
IIM Kozhikode Placements & Alumni Networks
IIMs have the distinction of being among the oldest and most reputed management institutes in India. This history along with their extremely exceptional students has allowed it to attract top companies globally looking for talent. IIM alumni have spread across the world and support different IIM colleges with knowledge, grants and supporting placements. In conclusion, IIM-K has some of the best offerings in terms of management education in India. Alumni from IIM-K have been recruited by top companies such as Accenture, Amazon, Britannia, Asian Paints, Credit Suisse, Dabur, Bajaj, Axis Bank, Deloitte, and more.
IIM-K also boasts an international student exchange program and has partnered with many renowned institutes across the globe. This program is open to candidates from the second year and it also provides the students with much-required exposure to different cultures and new pedagogy techniques. Such candidates will be tested in a global environment, which is essential for future global managers. Some of the partner universities are listed below:
- Abu Dhabi University,
- Thailand Audencia Nantes School of Management,
- Abu Dhabi Asian Institute of Technology,
- France Bocconi University,
- Italy Catolica Lisbon School of Business and Economics,
- Portugal College of Commerce,
- Austria National Tsing Hua University
- Taiwan Cyprus International Institute of Management,
- Germany Foreign Trade University,
- France EM Strasbourg Business School,
- UK Leipzig Graduate School of Management
- Norway Plymouth University, United
- France European Business School,
- Vietnam Group ESC Troyes,
- France ICN Business School,
- France IESEG School of Management, Lille,
- France Leeds University Business School,
- Taiwan Neoma Business School
We hope this complete guide of IIM Kozhikode helps! We have covered IIM Kozhikode courses, IIM Kozhikode fees and more. So, you can consider studying here if it meets all your requirements.
IIMK Summer Placement
The summer placement is an important aspect of the PGP program at IIMK. During the first year of the PGP program, IIMK trains its students in areas of human resources, marketing, finance, economics, consulting, and organisational behaviour. Once they complete the first year of their PGP program, IIMK offers its students the opportunity to learn and acquaint themselves with the various industries they are interested in. The Institute does so by providing Summer Internships to students who are interested. The internship lasts 6 to 8 weeks during the summer and students who have opted for it get a chance to practice management theories that they might have learnt in the classroom. Additionally, working within an organisation will help them gain exposure to the intricacies of how a business is run.
Let us take a look at the Summer Placement Report of 2022.
Summer Placement Report 2022: Key Highlights
The statistics of the Summer Placement report of the 2022 batch will give you an overview of how the summer placements at IIMK can be beneficial for you. Here are some highlights from the 2022 Summer Placement Report:
- The top three sought after fields by the batch of 2022 were Sales and Marketing, Finance, and Consulting.
- 26% of the batch opted for job roles in the field of Sales and Marketing.
- 19% of the batch opted for job roles in the field of Finance and 18% of the batch opted for job roles in Consulting.
- The average stipend for the batch of 2022 was around 1.88 lakhs.
- The average stipend for female students of the batch of 2022 stood at 2 lakhs.
- The batch of 2022’s highest stipend was around 3.20 lakhs.
- The average stipend of the top 25% of the 2022 batch stood at 2.92 lakhs, whereas the average stipend for the top 10% was around 3 lakhs.
Salary After Graduating from IIMK
According to the 2021 IIMK placement report, 459 students participated in the placement drive conducted by IIMK. Out of which, 459 students were placed at popular companies. This means the placement rate of the 2021 IIMK placement drive was 100%. Over 29% of the batch had secured pre-placement offers. There were over 137 recruiters at the placement drive, out of which 57 were new recruiters. Some of the recruiters included Microsoft, Amazon, Volvo, Bain & Company, Goldman Sachs, Deloitte, Royal Bank of Scotland, and ZS Associates. The highest salary package offered was INR 46.88 lakhs per annum, whereas, the average salary package was INR 22.53 lakhs per annum. However, the average package offered to female students was INR 2.98 lakhs per annum.
We hope all this information about IIMK — from the courses offered, the eligibility criteria, the fee structure, salaries after IIMK, and summer placements, helped. Now all you need to do is start your application process if this is where you want to study.
- Can I take the GMAT to be eligible for IIM Kozhikode?
A: Yes, you can take the GMAT or the CAT to be eligible for IIM Kozhikode.
- How much should I score on the GMAT to get into IIM Kozhikode?
A: If you want to get into IIM Kozhikode, you should have a GMAT score of no less than 700.
- How much does it cost to pursue a Postgraduate Program in Management (PGPM) at IIM Kozhikode?
A: The fee structure for the PGPM at IIM Kozhikode is around INR 20,50,000.
All the best!