Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode, or IIM-K for short, is one of the twenty Indian Institutes of Management set up by the Government of India. IIM Kozhikode, founded in 1996 in collaboration with the State Government of Kerala, was the fifth IIM to be established.
Through the course of this article, we will acquaint you with the IIM Kozhikode courses, IIM Kozhikode fees, IIM Kozhikode placements and more. So keep reading!
Teaching Faculty & Student Options
The institute employs 48 full-time faculty members in economics, finance and accounting, managerial communication, general management, organizational behaviour and human resources, quantitative methods, and operations management, information technology and systems and strategic management departments. There are part-time faculty members as well. Both the full time and part time faculty members have extensive experience in their respective fields of study and research. Besides, IIM Kozhikode offers student exchange programmes with European Business School, Germany; Copenhagen Business School, ESCP-EAP Paris; Bocconi University, Jonkoping International Business School, Leipzig Graduate School of Management, Leeds University Business School, University of Queensland, BEM – Bordeaux Management School, Euromed Management, IESEG School of Management, Rouen Business School, Reims Management School, EDHEC Business School (Ecole des Hautes Etudes Commerciales du Nord), ESSCA Angers and Norwegian School of Economics & Business Administration.
IIM Kozhikode Courses
IIM Kozhikode courses or Postgraduate programmes include:
- PGPM (Post Graduate Programme in Management)
- EPGP (Executive Post Graduate Programme)
- MDP( Management Development Programme)
- FDP (Faculty Development Programme)
- The Fellow Programme in Management (FPM), which is a doctoral program.
The programs are accredited by the Global Accreditation body AMBA. IIM-K also provides customized programs for executives and open programs. The executive programs are taught to individuals in an interactive learning platform so that they can access the content and classes from the centers available at their location. This enables working professionals to study and meet their career objectives. They have the option to pursue a two-year postgraduate diploma programme in management, or a one-year certification program in Operations, Marketing, Strategy, Finance, Human Resources, and IT.
Although the majority of the learning happens through the online learning modules available, all of these programs also have one in-campus module which the students must attend. In this module, they will learn more about management practices as well as trends in the business and industry.
IIM Kozhikode Selection Criteria
The IIM Kozhikode selection criteria are a follows:
- A bachelor’s degree after completing school level education i.e. (10th + 12th + Graduation). The applicants must hold at least 50% marks in graduation from any discipline.
- The equivalent CGPA should also not be less than 50%.
- Final year university students can also apply after submitting a special certificate.
- There is also a need for PGP producing a certificate from the High Commission of India that should provide evidence for residence in India for the last eighteen months or so.
- GMAT score should be no less than 700.
- The candidates whose score in the GMAT exam is lower than the mentioned score are supposed to appear for EMAT.
The final list is displayed in the merit list that is presented after the final process of interviews. This is just a general overview; the criteria for different programs are different.
IIM Kozhikode Campus: Education Standards
IIM-K has built a great reputation for quality education, pragmatic teaching modules, and industry engagement, resulting in good placement records. The classrooms at IIM-K are designed and equipped with state of the art computers, multimedia projectors and other audio visual tools that make learning an interesting and interactive experience for the students. All of the classrooms have wireless internet and video conferencing facilities as well. The library boasts a wide range of both print and digital resources. You will gain access to all the latest management publications. In addition to this, at IIM-K, you can use powerful computers to assist you with all your diverse requirements, including searching for information for projects and research material from vast amounts of data, access to bibliographic data, etc.
IIM Kozhikode Fees
IIM Kozhikode fees are quite affordable compared to many others. Costs vary across programmes, from INR 10 lakh to INR 15 lakh, depending on the course you choose. The institute also offers grants and scholarships for meritorious students in association with trusts, including Sir Ratan Tata Trust, etc. You will have to check the requirements you need to satisfy to be able to gain these scholarships. Ensure that you submit your applications well in advance so that you have an increased chance of being granted the same.
IIM Kozhikode Placements & Alumni Networks
IIMs have the distinction of being among the oldest and most reputed management institutes in India. This history along with extremely high calibre of its students have allowed it to attract top companies globally looking for talent. IIM alumni have spread across the world and support different IIM colleges with knowledge, grants and supporting placements. In conclusion, IIM-K has some of the best offerings in terms of management education in India. Alumni from IIM-K have been recruited by top companies such as Accenture, Amazon, Britannia, Asian Paints, Credit Suisse, Dabur, Bajaj, Axis Bank, Deloitte, and more.
IIM-K also boasts an international student exchange program and has partnered with many renowned institutes across the globe. This program is open to candidates from the second year and it also provides the students with much required exposure to different cultures and new pedagogy techniques. Such candidates will be tested in a global environment, which is essential for the future global managers. Some of the partner universities are listed below:
- Abu Dhabi University,
- Thailand Audencia Nantes School of Management,
- Abu Dhabi Asian Institute of Technology,
- France Bocconi University,
- Italy Catolica Lisbon School of Business and Economics,
- Portugal College of Commerce,
- Austria National Tsing Hua University
- Taiwan Cyprus International Institute of Management,
- Germany Foreign Trade University,
- France EM Strasbourg Business School,
- UK Leipzig Graduate School of Management
- Norway Plymouth University, United
- France European Business School,
- Vietnam Group ESC Troyes,
- France ICN Business School,
- France IESEG School of Management, Lille,
- France Leeds University Business School,
- Taiwan Neoma Business School
We hope this complete guide of IIM Kozhikode helps! We have covered IIM Kozhikode courses, IIM Kozhikode fees and more. So, you can consider studying here if it meets all your requirements.
All the best!