The Graduate Management Admission Test or GMAT is a computer-adaptive exam. Its objective is to evaluate your understanding of language and mathematics. Also, it tests your ability to engage in critical and logical thinking, which is essential for MBA and MIM programs. Every year, about 200,000 applicants take this exam to pursue a Masters in management.
The exam comprises four sections: Analytical Writing Assessment (AWA), Integrated Reasoning (IR), Verbal Reasoning (VR), and Quantitative Reasoning (QR).
|Sections||No. of Questions||Time Limit||Scores|
|Analytical Writing Assessment||1||30 minutes||0 to 6, increases by a half-point increment|
|Integrated Reasoning||12||30 minutes||1 to 8, increases by a one-point increment|
|Verbal Reasoning||36||65 minutes||6 to 51, increases by a one-point increment|
|Quantitative Reasoning||31||62 minutes||6 to 51, increases by a one-point increment|
|Total||80||3 hours 7 minutes(excluding optional breaks and check-in time)||200 to 800, increase by a ten-point increment|
Best GMAT Preparation Guide
The GMAT Official Guide 2022 by GMAC is an excellent resource for candidates in the early stages of their GMAT preparation. It is designed to provide a comprehensive model of training, and helps in learning and retaining concepts. Mentioned below are some aspects of the guide:
- An overview of the GMAT to acquaint you with the pattern of the exam.
- A downloadable e-book with 1200+ practice questions from previous editions of GMAT.
- An online diagnostic evaluation to identify your strengths and weaknesses.
- Verbal and Quantitative Review chapters to grasp fundamental concepts.
- Explanations for each answer to learn the reasoning behind it.
- An online question bank to customize the practice sets.
- Actual essay topics and sample responses.
- Additional 170+ online-exclusive questions that are not included in the e-book.
- Two modes of practice: Study (with answers) and exam (without answers).
- A mobile app that lets you practice anywhere, anytime, online or offline.
If you want to explore other options, you can opt for the personalized GMAT tablet that Careerlabs offers. It provides 150+ hours of video lectures and 50+ hours of live webinars with 3500+ practice questions and video solutions. In addition to the practice questions, a diagnostic toolkit is provided to assess your strengths and weaknesses. The 13 mock tests–that come with the tablet–simulate the actual GMAT enable you to familiarize yourself with the exam pattern.
We hope this article has benefited you with information on the best guides for GMAT preparation. To make the most of GMAT preparation, use GMAC’s official guide for GMAT.
1. What is the validity of the GMAT Official Guide 2022?
The online material will expire 12 months after the date of activation. However, there is no expiration date for the downloaded material.
2. Can I get a free demo of the official guide?
Yes, the GMAT Official Starter Kit is free of cost.
3. What is the cost of the GMAT Official Guide?
The GMAT Official Guide will cost you $47.99 and is available on e-commerce platforms like Amazon and Flipkart.