While you may have already scheduled your exam date when you registered for the GMAT exam there may be some unforeseen circumstances like – attending to family crisis or some professional emergency or even if you don’t feel completely prepared or confident enough to appear for the exam. All of these situations could force you to reschedule your exam date. If you are confused about the question “can you reschedule your GMAT exam” then we have the answer which is sure to put your mind at ease. This article gives you a detailed analysis of how you will be able to do this and what are the steps involved for the same.
Things to Remember Before You Cancel or Reschedule Your GMAT Exam
If you feel you are still not adequately prepared for the GMAT exam and would therefore like to reschedule or cancel the exam, then there are a few things you can do to change this and we have listed them below:
- You can attempt a mock GMAT exam to understand what score range you are able to achieve and also which sections you will need to work more on.
- There are also short-term courses to help you boost your score. They concentrate on specific aspects of the GMAT exam you require to ensure that you are well prepared to attempt the exam.
- You can practice with seasoned experts who can help you to target the subjects you need assistance on. Since these instructors have several years of experience they can support you to reach your desired target score. Additionally, they would be able to provide you with valuable tips and strategies to solve questions in a quick and concise manner.
- If it is your first time attempting the GMAT exam and you wish to increase your score we still recommend that you consider keeping your score since any improvement will still exhibit your efforts in a positive manner. Thus increasing your chances of gaining admissions. If in case in your next attempt your overall score remains the same but your scores in Verbal have increased from your previous attempt it is still a positive improvement.
Rescheduling the GMAT exam is not uncommon and many candidates are faced with circumstances when they have had to change their exam date to a later point of time. Let us now learn how to reschedule your GMAT exam. The first step will be to login to your mba.com account. Next you will need to click on your scheduled appointment date to reschedule it. Select a new appointment date which is suitable for you. Double check the selection and confirm your personal information. Finally proceed to pay the GMAT exam reschedule fees. The total cost for rescheduling is USD 50.
The GMAT exam reschedule fee follows a 3 tier system. We have listed them down below :
|More than 60 days before the exam date||$50|
|15-60 days before the exam date||$100|
|1 -14 days before the exam date||$150|
In addition to the above if you wish to reschedule your exam over the phone you will need to pay an additional fee of US $10. The GMAT online exam reschedule fee payment can be done through online banking or credit card.
There is no limit to the number of times you can reschedule your GMAT exam. You can do it as many times as you wish, however you will not be allowed to reschedule the exam beyond 6 months from the original date of the GMAT exam. The assessment can’t be rescheduled 24 hours before the test date. GMAC has also introduced a GMAT online option due to the current pandemic situation. The GMAT online exam reschedule fee is the same as listed above.
You can rest assured that the rescheduling doesn’t go into your score records and B-schools will not be aware of the same. It is only the official scores which gets sent to the B-schools and not any record of the reschedule or cancelling.
If you wish to cancel your GMAT exam then you have an option to do so as well. Cancelling your GMAT exam is a very straightforward process and fairly simple. We have listed down the steps below :
- Login to your official MBA.com online account.
- Click on the GMAT exam date which you have scheduled.
- Click on Cancel GMAT exam.
Similar to the rescheduling process, the cancellation also has a 3 tier fee system
|More than 60 days before the exam date||$150 ($100 refund)|
|15-60 days before the exam date||$175 ($75 refund)|
|1 -14 days before the exam date||$200 ($50 refund)|
In the event you don’t cancel the exam and don’t appear for the GMAT then you will be considered a no-show and there will be no refund of the GMAT fees.
While there are many options available for rescheduling or cancelling your GMAT exam due to unforeseen circumstances, it is important to be prepared for the exam. You must allocate sufficient time for you to complete studying all the topics from the GMAT syllabus which comprises all 4 sections (Verbal Reasoning, Integrated Reasoning, Quantitative Reasoning and Analytical Writing). Ensure that you don’t run out of time for preparation or schedule your exam too soon. Sign up for good GMAT coaching classes which will assist you reach your targeted GMAT scores.
However if for some reason you are not satisfied with your performance on the test day and you feel you have not performed well in the exam and you don’t want to accept the scores you are still provided with an option to even cancel your scores. The universities you have selected will not receive these scores if you choose to cancel them. If you fail to make a decision immediately after the test then you still have time upto 72 hours after the test ends to cancel your scores. However you will be charged an additional fee of $25 for cancelling the GMAT scores.
We hope this article helped you to understand the GMAT exam reschedule and cancellation process .
- Is it possible to reschedule the GMAT exam?
Yes, you can reschedule the GMAT but you will have to pay a fee according to the time frame within which you are rescheduling the exam.
- Can I cancel my GMAT scores after accepting them?
Yes, you are allowed to cancel your GMAT scores within 72 hours after you complete the GMAT exam for a fee of US $25.
- Can I cancel my GMAT exam date?
Yes, you are allowed to cancel your exam date if you have any unavoidable circumstances. The fee involved for canceling your exam also depends on the time frame within which you cancel your exam.