An Executive Master of Business Administration program, also known as EMBA is a management course specifically designed for senior managers and executives already in the workforce. EMBA courses are short-term courses that can be completed over 18-24 months. Besides, EMBA gives you an option to pursue management studies along with employment. Likewise, there are many benefits of an Executive MBA (EMBA). Let’s take a look at those.
Benefits of Executive MBA in India
The EMBA is the best choice for those working professionals who have a work experience of five years or more. However, the years of experience might differ from B-schools to b-schools. Hence, it is advisable to contact the b-school you wish to apply to or check their official website before applying for the course. The course structure of EMBA goes along the lines of a full-time MBA degree. Aspirants learn the same business and managerial teachings that are being taught in the full-time MBA.
Let’s take a look at the benefits of executive mba for working professionals.
- Adds value to your resume – Most people who apply for an EMBA are ambitious and are keen to learn new management and leadership skills. An EMBA degree will help you reach a position where you’ll be able to negotiate during appraisals. Likewise, if you are planning to work abroad, an EMBA degree gives you all helpful insights into global markets and related job opportunities. Your work experience, along with these experiences you gain from the classes, makes your resume stand out.
- Prepares you for a career change- Pursuing an EMBA could be a great choice if you are planning for a career change. The practical experience and academic knowledge you’ll gain during the EMBA classes will prepare you to shift your career in a new direction.
- Widens your professional network- The teachers and the co-students you’ll meet during your EMBA course could prove to be a valuable asset for your career sooner or later. These peers, from different parts of the world, could share several skills and real-life experiences with you, that will be of use for you in your professional or personal life. A diverse professional network will help you build strong business connections and get leads for new job opportunities.
- Helps you learn and hone new skills – The business world is constantly evolving. To keep up with the changing trends, it is important to hone new skills and apply these in order to fill the knowledge gaps you have. This will help you accelerate your career from an executive level to a managerial level.
- Study along with the job – An EMBA is versatile in a way that it can be pursued along with a full-time job. The course is mostly taught during evenings or on weekends, which means your work schedule would not be affected. Moreover, with a flexible schedule, you can completely focus on your studies without any interruptions.
Whether you plan to improve your existing skills or learn new ones, earning an EMBA will be beneficial for you professionally and personally. If you are a working professional who has been doing the same work for years, earning an EMBA degree could help you attain the skills that are needed to accelerate your career and open up exciting new opportunities. Hence, consider the above information on the benefits of Executive MBA and decide wisely. Good luck!