One of the most sought-after skills in the corporate world by recruiters is leadership skills. With companies looking for high growth and business expansions, the need for leaders in managerial positions has never been more important. Hence, most MBA courses include the theory and practice of leadership throughout their courses to ensure every student graduating has effective leadership skills. Read this article to learn more about the 9 qualities an MBA leader must have.
9 Qualities an MBA Leader Must Have
1. Strong Motivational Skills: One of the significant qualities of a leader is the ability to motivate others. MBA leaders are good motivators and motivate all members of the team to perform better and achieve results. MBA leaders who are strong motivators know how to challenge the team to maximize their productivity.
2. Result Oriented: A leader is a person who is responsible to lead the team on the way to achieving results within the planned duration of the project. An MBA leader is someone who strategizes the plan in a way that allows every team member to achieve results and grow within the team or organisation. Thereby, creating a strong team of potential future leaders.
3. Exhibit Team Ownership: A leader isn’t someone who will sit back and be a spectator to the teams’ activities. Rather, a strong leader is someone who takes ownership of the task at hand and delivers. Most employers look for leaders who bring new ideas and fresh perspectives that will add value to the organizational goals and not just merely accept the status quo.
4. Flexibility: The business world is constantly changing particularly due to the rise in technological innovation. In this constantly changing global economy, an MBA leader must be a person who will be able to accept the changes and adapt project plans to work around these changes. An MBA leader is not someone who will give up on the end deliverable due to changing circumstances. Rather, they instill the ability to be flexible and adapt to change within the team so they achieve their goals despite sudden changes.
5. Strong Communication Skills: The ability to articulate your thoughts and communicate in a way that makes individuals listen are key skills a leader should possess. Hence, MBA leaders are often strong in communication skills. Be it writing an instructional email or speaking to the team, they know how to communicate clearly such that it guides the team and leaves no room for confusion.
6. Exhibit Confidence: Strong MBA leaders exhibit confidence and do not get into self-doubt. While they do not hesitate to express if they’re not aware of a particular problem, they do find a solution to the problem and deliver it with certainty.
7. Build Productive Culture: Effective leaders build a culture of high productivity amongst the team members. While leaders do celebrate the achievements of the team, they never let the team fall behind in terms of their productivity.
8. Integrity and Ethics: One of the most essential traits amongst the 9 qualities an MBA leader must have is that they demonstrate high levels of integrity and ethics such that they inspire team members to adopt the same principles.
9. Endure pressure: Leaders do not deter under pressure; they take ownership and demonstrate a high confidence even during highly stressful times. While leaders undergo immense stress, they do not let it pass onto the team. Since leaders know that unnecessary stress can derail the team’s progress, they absorb the pressure from senior managers or the external environment and focus on the deliverables.
Now that you know what are the 9 qualities an MBA leader must have, you’re better aware of them and can practice inculcating these habits.