Getting an F1 US visa is a long but equally important process to help you pursue your higher education abroad. However, it is a daunting task for students as a lot of preparation is involved. From getting all your documents ready to preparing for the USA student visa interview questions, there’s a lot to be done, but in the right way. Hence, through this article we will state some do’s and don’ts in an F1 US visa interview to make the process smooth and stress-free.
- Memorize every detail in your application: It is common to panic in the interview and forget your application details in moments of stress. Going through your application before-hand will save you from fumbling and wondering what to answer during the interview. Hence, be well-prepared!
- Smile and maintain an assertive posture throughout: Be happy about giving the interview and sit confidently. Show the interviewer that you’re proud to be there and are really looking forward to studying abroad.
- Speak slowly and clearly: This interview is your chance to prove your abilities, hence, it’s imperative your thoughts are well articulated. Avoid filler words like ‘umm, hmm, uh’. Speak slowly, as doing so will help you gather your thoughts while answering the questions. Be attentive and listen carefully to the questions before proceeding to answer.
- Remember to carry all relevant documents: For your US F1 visa application, you will need to have all important documents ready. So, always carry your passport, non-immigrant visa application form and DS-157 form if you’re a male between the ages of 16-45. Carrying your standardized scores, transcripts and financial documents is also recommended.
- Always be honest: Do not lie about anything during the interview or provide any fake details. Showing unauthentic documents may land you in trouble.
- Do not fake an accent: It is one of the most common mistakes people make in the interview. You do not have to fake your accent to be likeable to the interviewer. Be original and authentic.
- Do not be late: Punctuality is the key! Remember that being on time is the first impression you make on the interviewer. If you’re late, you’ll have to begin the interview by apologizing, which does not set a good tone for the rest of the interview.
- Do not mug up answers: Do not try to mug up answers before-hand. We do suggest preparing different kinds of USA student visa interview questions, but that doesn’t mean you have to mug them up. You need to just get an overall idea and based on your experience and relevant details, prepare what should be said. Remember spontaneity is important too.
- Do not carry any extra bags along: You will only be allowed to carry documents inside the consulate. Do not carry bags, food, gadgets or anything else.
- Do not push for presenting documents: Only present documents when you are asked for them.
From filling the application to preparing for the F1 US Visa interview, it is a long process. Hence, it is important that you pay attention to every aspect of the process and do not ignore small details. Moreover, be calm and confident, and you’ll certainly achieve the positive outcome you wish for. Above all, enjoy the process you’re working for! All the best!