A public research university in Australia, the University of Melbourne was established in 1853 and today is considered one of the leading universities in the world. Its main campus is located in Parkville and several others across Victoria. This university has 10 residential colleges and each college provides cultural and sporting programmes to enhance and enrich the academic experience of students. If you would like to be a part of this beautiful and renowned university, you will need to first gather some information before you apply for programmes here. So, let’s learn a little bit more about this college.
Graduate Programs Offered
Some of the Graduate degrees that you can pursue at the University of Melbourne are listed below:
- Executive Master of Business Administration (Executive MBA)
- Doctor of Medicine
- Doctor of Optometry
- Graduate Certificate in Arts
- Graduate Certificate in Business
- Graduate Certificate in Clinical Education
- Graduate Certificate in Computer Science
- Graduate Certificate in Digital Engineering
- Graduate Diploma in Intellectual Property Law
- Graduate Diploma in International Law
- Master of Applied Data Analytics
- Master of Architectural Engineering
- Master of Biomedical Science
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Civil Engineering
- Master of Education
- Master of Electrical Engineering
- You will need to have successfully completed your undergraduate degree from a recognized university overseas.
- You will need to meet the English language requirements ( IELTS, TOEFL, Pearson tests or Cambridge English test scores are accepted).
- Graduate courseworks may have specific requirements like interviews, submission of portfolios and supplementary tests. You will need to check the course you are applying for to find out what are the admissions requirements specific to that degree.
Fee Details and Funding Options
The tuition fees vary depending on the course you choose to study. For instance, a Master of Architecture course will be around $91,250 (Australian Dollars) — this is an estimate of the total fees you will pay for one year. You will have to pay a minimum deposit of $10,000 (AUD) by the date specified in your offer letter if you accept the admission offer. This AUD $ 10,000 is credited to your tuition fees as your first instalment. If you wish to opt for some financial aid to help pay the fees, then you may do so by applying for scholarships and bursaries. Melbourne Welcome Grant, Melbourne Research Scholarship, Student Grants, etc. are some of the options you can choose from. Each scholarship has a different eligibility criteria and it is recommended that you check the same before sending in your application.
The University of Melbourne is ranked 7th in the QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020. It has over 1600 student internship partners, 100 plus research centres and a 40,000 strong alumni network. Besides, you have one-on-one mentoring to help build your skills and ensure that you are ready to handle job interviews and difficult scenarios at work. Moreover, there are specific workshops with hiring experts who help draft your resume and cover letters. You also have a career support centre where you can navigate through the current job market for relevant opportunities. Many of the world’s leading organisations visit the Melbourne campus to recruit its graduates.
We hope this basic information on University of Melbourne helps you get started with your application if you want to make it here.