New York University (NYU) is a private research university founded in the year 1831 and has over 10 undergraduate schools and 15 graduate schools. It has campuses in Abu Dhabi and Shanghai as well as academic centres in Berlin, Los Angeles, Madrid and many more locations. Besides, NYU boasts of 38 Nobel Laureates, 26 Pulitzer Prize Winners, 12 US Senators, etc., amongst other accomplished personalities. Pursuing your graduate degree at this prestigious university is a great choice. However, before you make a decision, ensure you are well-informed about the various programs available at this university, the admissions requirements, the fee details, etc.
Through the course of this article, we will provide you with all the relevant information needed for you to make a decision. So, keep reading!
The admission process that international students applying to NYU have to follow is summed up below.
Undergraduate Admissions Process
You will need to start your application online and fill in important information such as personal email address, contact information of your counsellor or school representative who can submit your high school transcript and a letter of recommendation. You will then have to make a non-refundable fee payment of $80.00.
Next, depending on your educational background and the program you are applying to, you will have to submit your standardised test scores, a self-reported academic record, an English language testing score and records of all college work you have earned credit for.
Graduate Admissions Process
Some of the common application requirements for graduate admissions are as follows :
- Letters of Recommendation — Depending on the program you are applying to, you may have to submit up to four letters of recommendation.
- Academic Transcripts/Degrees — You will have to submit your bachelor’s degree certificate and corresponding transcripts from the period of study.
- English Language Proficiency Exam — All international applicants (who studied in a medium of instruction other than English) will need to submit scores of their English Language Proficiency Exam such as IELTS and TOEFL.
- Entrance Exam — Your scores on the GRE/GMAT/LSAT/MCAT will be required for your admissions into different programs.
- Resume or CV
There are over 400 courses available at the university and they are broadly categorised into — Graduate and Undergraduate courses. We have listed a few of the most popular courses below:
- Applied Physics
- Art History
- Biomedical Engineering
- Business Administration
- Civil Engineering
- Corporation Law
- Dental Surgery
- Management and Systems
- Math Education
Fees and Financial Aid
The New York University fees will vary depending on the course you are applying to. You will be able to find the same on the official website. We have listed a few of the popular courses/department fees below:
- New York University Stern school of business MBA — $53,157 ( Inclusive of Tuition, Housing, etc)
- New york university Tandon School of Engineering — Ranges between $15,442 to $54,202
- Centre for Urban Science and Progress — Ranges between $15,867 to $54,228
- Tisch School of Arts — $15,897 to $50,463
You have a tuition insurance option that covers 100% of lost academic fees. Besides, the university offers funding options such as scholarships, grants, loans and savings that is taken care of by NYU’s Office of Financial Aid.
NYU Career Centres
NYU has dedicated career centres to help students and alumni with their job search.
- The Wasserman Center for Career Development — for all New York University students, including the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Stern Office of Career Development (OCD) and Career Center for Working Professionals (CCWP) — for all alumni, Stern MBA aspirants and graduate students.
- Tandon Career Services — for students who are enrolled at the NYU Tandon School of Engineering, Brooklyn.
- NYU SPS & Wasserman Center — exclusively for School of Professional Studies students.
- NYU Abu Dhabi and Shanghai Career Development.
So, if NYU is where you want to be, this information will help you get started on your journey.